As the Grammar school 11+ examinations take place in September, we are pleased to announce the introduction of our new intensive 11+ courses. . We will be running four separate parts of the course in English, Mathematics, Verbal Reasoning and Non-verbal Reasoning, each part runs every weekday for two weeks. At Brain Train your child’s 11+ courses will always be run by Louise, who is a fully qualified Key Stage 2 trained teacher with years of experience at getting children, like yours, into independent and grammar schools.
Maths and English
- Daily taught classes in Maths and English relevant to 11+ tests.
- Maths topics include all relevant subject areas for 11+ Entrance Tests – improving understanding and technical ability.
- Full class explanations of successful problem solving.
- English work topics selected to promote improvement in creative writing and comprehension through varied exercises and question sets.
- Written practice during lessons.
- Exam style marking systems for maximum feedback
The VR and NVR lessons consists of:
- Taught lessons on principles of VR or NVR.
- 100’s of original Reasoning questions taught, tested and scored in class.
- Classroom-based mock Reasoning tests.
- Complete coverage of all main question types.
- Interactive groups with competition.
- Test exercises in class.
- Well motivated pupil groups with competitive scoring in each group.
- Teacher guidance on exam techniques.
NEW CEM (the Durham University) question types:
Original questions created by Brain Train after many years of experience in 11+ testing – you won’t find them in any other published papers or with any other tutor. No hidden costs – teaching, marking and all required materials are included in the original price.